Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good Samaritan Malaysians

I've lived in KL and Selangor for all my life. except for a couple of years when I was around 4 or 5 years old, i lived in Ipoh. Of all the bad things I read in the newspaper about KL, I thank God that i havent encountered any of them. Never been smugged or groped even in a really jammed and packed LRT. My grandma in kampung always have a negative view on the big city. So does a friend of mine from Penang, who loathes KL so much! (go pack your things and leave then) =)
So, what makes me bring up this topic? I passed out in the LRT two weeks ago. Fyi, anyone close to me would know that i hardly fell sick. It's been ages since I last caught fever. In fact, I dont even remember if I ever caught one. Not even selsema ( I refuse to use 'flu; because my english teacher once told me that influenza and selsema are slightly different).
It was a monday. A dull monday. Garfield's right. Monday is never fun! as usual, the train was so packed u cant even budge a milimetre. Trust me. It's like domino effect. One person moves, the others will do too.

I felt a surge of blood. and seram sejuk. real cold. The train was nearing Damai station. Then another surge of blood. The next thing i know, a lady was holding me "dik, duduk dik...".
what the...? did i just faint? malu!! haha...
The nice lady asked me "are u ok?". of course I wasnt. I gave her my most not-ok face because i seriously wasnt ok. Then she asked me where was I heading to. Told her Kelana jaya, and she was suprised cause it was not even half way there yet. Then she rummaged through her purse and pulled out a Snickers bar. "Nah amek ni.. awak tak sehat ni.. makan coklat. Take care tau. Akak turun dulu." It was the KLCC station. So, evidently, I passed out through approximately 3 stations. That was quite a while. If it was a man who helped me, I might have been officially groped in a train for the first time. I felt like crying when the kakak left me.
kakak!!jangan la turun. jaga la saye! =P
My knees were trembling, no im not kidding you. So i didnt go to work that day. Went to UIA clinic and the doctor (the doctor whom I am scared of the most) gave me paracetamol, the wonder medicine. A medicine for all illnesses. And an MC. For that day. Later that night, me and my mom went to our family clinic and I got an MC for the next day =)
yeay!!my offical first MCs since I never fell sick. So that was my first encounter with a good samaritan.
My second experience was just last week. Seriously people, I myself dont even know what the hell is wrong with my body system!! I felt like fainting for the second time that I had to squat on the floor. as I was about to squat, the kakak who was sitting immediately reached out for my hand and asked me to take her seat. I was so touched!! There are nice people in KL! Like the first kakak, she too asked me where was I heading to etc.
But this time around, no Snickers for me =( but I thank you kakak for your sympathy.
So these are my encounters with good samaritans. And I will never forget my Snickers. Thanks kakak!
And i hope I will have the opportunity to help others when they are in need.
What is good samaritan principle?
google it people. =)

These incidents make me proud of KL even more. and I pray to God that I will never have to encounter any evil things in KL.
If you dont agree with the Good Samaritan Principle (since its a Christianity thingy), but I believe that even in Islam we are encouraged to help others when in need, you still can find the rationale in it. Muslims are bound to be helpful. Plus, mind you that in Christianity, if the story was right, this principle was brought into existence by their Jesus a.k.a our Prophet Isa. Therefore, we still can follow the principle because helping others is not a sin and Isa is our prophet. I believe we have our own version of the Good Samaritan story. I will try to find it. =)


Thing is, do good things people. You'll be blessed and you'll feel good about yourself.
=)

4 comments:

  1. Hari tue aku naik komuter pun nak pengsan.Dah lama kot xnaik kenderaan awam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. try naik train kt moscow..mcm dlm tin sardin...=(

    ReplyDelete
  3. sile bwk snickers dlm handbag sblm nek lrt ye..

    ReplyDelete
  4. razi: komuter lagi dasyat dari putra sebenanye.. lagi byk PATI yang naik. lagi busuk =P

    i am marat13: mungkin kamu sudah lama tak naik tren kat msia. pagi2 bfore 8.15am, memang macam sardin. maybe macam tuna sebenanye (sebab tuna lebih terpenyek).. pagi2 ok lagi.wangi. bile ptg balik keje, god knows how miserable it is =)

    mizz annie: benar cik annie. atau ape2 yang sweet. kalau anda mmg seorang yg sweet, maybe x yah bawak snickers dah =)

    ReplyDelete